Wednesday, April 7, 2010

ASK, AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE

This has always been one of my favorite Bible passages:
Matthew 7:7-11
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?


Yesterday I was caught between a rock and a hard place, or between two bills that had to be paid immediately. They were not large amounts, but my funds have been extra tight recently. So I prayed and asked God to send me money. I told him I didn't know how, but these had to be paid, and to please help me.
After praying, I called Bill #1 to find out the exact amount that had to be paid. They asked me to call back because the bill was being prepared. I called back and twice they asked me to call again. The third or fourth time I called, the woman finally told me that she had prepared the bill but couldn't find it, and would I mind just settling the bill at some future date.
God answered, and in the most unexpected way.

No comments:

Post a Comment